RE: redhat/oracle

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 13:49:25 -0800

> This topic is better handled over at /. than here

True enough in the general sense, though I don't necessarily think it off topic here, as many of us use it to run Oracle.

And there is usually far too much garbage as /. to get involved in the discussions, at least IMO.

Jared

Paul Drake <discgolfdba_at_yahoo.com>
Sent by: ml-errors_at_fatcity.com
 11/04/2003 01:19 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: redhat/oracle

Mary,

This topic is better handled over at /. than here. (http://slashdot.org). RedHat should have communicated more effectively that they are indeed still supporting both Libre and Gratis software (read: free as in speech, free as in beer).
For now, I'll sit on RH8.0 for Oracle 9i R2 development and with RH AS 2.1 for production. But SuSE gets another look - deservingly so.

Paul

Mary Ruiz <Mary.Ruiz_at_intercept.net> wrote: <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Red Hat To Drop Free Linux Products In Favor Of Enterprise

The company is offering users two upgrade paths, either to the stable Enterprise Linux product or to its developer-oriented Fedora Project, which is a free download.

http://www.computerworld.com/newsletter/0,4902,86827,00.html?nlid=AM

Author: Thater, William
INET: William.Thater_at_carrier.utc.com

Do you Yahoo!?