RE: Moving projects from development/test to production

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 21:19:24 -0800

Dennis,

You guessed correctly that this is ITIL based. I completed a Foundation certificate in ITIL way back in '96 when it was still UK based more than what it is now. The principles still stand, and the organization I worked for implemented some kind of CMDB. Unfortunately, they got into very low level details for the Cis and the project became too big to get off the ground.... One needs to find a balance. OTOH, the tools to help implement ITIL have come a long way since and I mentioned some good ones (at least ones that I have seen).

Most of ITIL is just common-sense distilled into a framework for IT processes that define what an IT organization needs to get things done properly. However, in my limited understanding, the IT scene and organizations changes direction and in leadership so rapidly that one needs an evolving plan.... (to say the least).

John Kanagaraj
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Disappointment is inevitable, but Discouragement is optional!

Author: John Kanagaraj
  INET: john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com