RE: Overhead Associated with Signon Audit in Financials 11.0

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:29:25 -0800

Another advantage of SignOn audit [see my other email on details of my implementation],
particularly down to the FORM level, is that, given a process taking signficant CPU time,
I can actually identify *who* the user is, which *form* he is in currently. I have job periodically running an improved version of utllockt.sql and providing User,Responsibility,Form
information by using FND_SIGNON_AUDIT_VIEW as well !

Hemant
At 01:44 PM 30-10-03 -0800, you wrote:
>Vicki,
>
>As long as your *Purge* Audit signon data, I really do not see any
>significant overhead. We have a 200 Gb DB and see no issues. What level is
>your Profile set to? The advantages of Signon Audit far outweighs the load
>it places - for e.g. you have no other way of seeing which user is logged on
>(and depending on your audit level) what forms and what responsibility they
>are using at this time... On the other hand, ask your auditors *what* they
>would like to see. Oracle Apps already records Last-changed user and
>date/timestamp for rows, while Signon Audit tracks sessions only when it is
>switched on.
>
>Let us know if you need more info.
>John Kanagaraj
>Oracle Applications DBA
>DB Soft Inc
>Work : (408) 970 7002
>
>Listen to great, commercial-free christian music 24x7x365 at
>http://www.klove.com
>
>** The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine
>and do not reflect those of my employer or customers **

Hemant K Chitale
Oracle 9i Database Administrator Certified Professional My personal web site is : http://hkchital.tripod.com

Author: Hemant K Chitale
  INET: hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg