RE: DBA Support Database

From: Loughmiller, Greg <Greg.Loughmiller_at_cingular.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:54:24 -0800

I'll throw in my *very expensive free* comments...

<expensive free comments>
This begins to create the corporate metadata and architecture as Peter mentions. We are on this road, and there are several tools that can do *auto discovery*. There are some very nice tools on the market for asset discovery. They have *exit points* where one could write some basic code to access those assets(sql getting v$ info and store in your metadata?).

We have built an enterprise repository to maintain infrastructure data, application, servers, network devices, and transport layers. And now we are going down the *yellow brick road* to begin the data acquisition process.

We too, will also define and assign accountability to those elements within our repository.
</expensive free comments>

greg

Author: Robson, Peter
  INET: pgro_at_bgs.ac.uk