RE: sqlplus prompt question in 9i

From: david hill <david.hill_at_lechateau.ca>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:29:44 -0800

It could be your sql
Here is the prompt I have been using for a while with no problems at all If the db is down you get a prompt of
Nolog>

set termout off

    define new_prompt='nolog'
    column value new_value new_prompt
    select SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV', 'SESSION_USER') || ':' ||SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV', 'DB_NAME') value

            from dual;
    set sqlprompt "&new_prompt> "
set termout on

Author: Joan Hsieh