Re: Number of Datafiles

From: eclipse <eclipse_at_USIT.NET>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 1995 09:26:23 -0500

> In our database, I found out that the number of existing datafiles
>is 30. Now every time I try to add a new datafile, I get an oracle error
>saying that the number of datafiles has exceeded.
> Is there a way to increase this value?

Unfortunately you have to re-create the data base and specify more data files in the CREATE DATABASE
command!

This is the biggest trip point I have come across, because most other parameters can be reset by changing
init.ora and bouncing the data base!

Have fun!
Regards,
Powel Crosley

Eclipse Technology, Inc.                      Phone:  (423) 483-1939
118 East Division Road                          Fax:  (423) 483-1873
Oak Ridge, Tennessee   37830                 E-mail:  eclipse_at_usit.net