RE: dba interview questions

From: Bellow, Bambi <bbellow_at_chi.navtech.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:54:24 -0800

Kirti --

I've had that experience too. I generally start a telephone interview hopping around the person's resume and asking questions about individual jobs... what did they do here... what do they mean by that there.... what was the environment over there... was management supportive in that job over there... now let's talk about the technical side of things... because there's no way to tell whether you are talking to the person who's going in for the F2F over the phone...

Notice that nowhere in there is any reference to swallows. That comes later in the interview when you want to discern whether this is established knowledge or just crammed 30 minutes before the phone is supposed to ring.

Bambi.

Author: Bellow, Bambi
  INET: bbellow_at_chi.navtech.com