Conflicting Java VM after Oracle 9.2 client install

From: Daiminger, Helmut <HELMUT.DAIMINGER_at_wwk.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 05:44:26 -0800

Hi!

Does anybody have any exprience with conflicting client JVMs?

We are installing software though Microsoft SMS software packaging on the Clients (PC running XP).

The deal is that another application (PVCS Dimensions) works fine if it is distributed on the systems without the Oracle 9.2 client.

Because it can then use the Microsoft Virtual Machine that comes with Internet Explorer.

But if we also install the Oracle Client 9.2, the Sun Java VM is installed as well and then the PVCS client doesn't work anymore.

The question is: can I install the Oracle Client without having the Sun VM installed?

Or is there a way that I can modify my Oracle installation that it doesn't change Internet Explorer settings to use the Sun VM?

This is 9.2 client on Win XP.

Thanks,
Helmut

Author: Daiminger, Helmut
  INET: HELMUT.DAIMINGER_at_wwk.de

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Oct 27 2003 - 07:44:26 CST