Re: ORA-03113: end-of-file ... during Oracle Streams setup

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 14:24:26 -0800

This is the error message:

"ORA-01089: immediate shutdown in progress - no operations are permitted."

Either you shut the database down or somebody else did. You didn't buy a Halloween edition of oracle, did you? If you think it's a bug, you'll have to show the trace file of the failed background process. At any rate, the text of your PL/SQL procedure is probably less relevant then the version, platform, OS version and alike. You should really be opening an iTar, not writing to the oracle list. The basic motto of this list is Dante's "All thy hopes abandon".

Author: Mladen Gogala
  INET: mgogala_at_adelphia.net