RE: What happened to Howard Rogers ?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 05:39:25 -0800

No the copyright thing isn't unique to Australia. In the UK (I have the advantage of being married to an Intellectual Property lawyer) then broadly anything that you produce that is in the course of your employment would by default belong to your employer and not to you. We both suspect that in the UK someone who was employed to provide training and education in Oracle would also find that any training and education stuff they themselves produced would belong to their employer. It may or may not be different if they were employed as, say a developer. I would be amazed if the same wasn't true in the US, which is after all the land that can patent clicking :(.

Niall

Author: Niall Litchfield
  INET: niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com