Re: user_dump_dest - setting user access

From: Jennifer Pivovar <jpivovar_at_SPROCKET.LCP.COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 12:50:12 -0500

Jeff -

> Is there any way to set the default protection for the trace files that
> are created in the user_dump_dest directory? I have tried setting the
> protection mode at the directory level, but it does not let users access
> newly created trace files.

The only way to get world reads on the trace files in v7 is to set an undocumented init parameter:

        _trace_files_public = TRUE

if you put this line in your init.ora file & bounce the db, you'll get the results you seek. as with all undocumented parameters, you use at your own risk - their use is not supported by Oracle.

jpivovar_at_sprocket.lcp.com Received on Fri Jan 26 1996 - 16:14:35 CST