Re: Refresh option for Materialized view , want to use it during

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 10:59:24 -0800

Whether or not you can do it across a dblink depends on the following, in no particular order:

The refresh period can be determined by simply polling your users on what an acceptable lag is.

We have a 'reporting' database here that is based on materialized views from 2 different production systems. There are currently 53 MV's, all of which are fast refresh. 40 or so are refreshed every 2 minutes, and the rest are refreshed every 5 minutes.

It all works very well, and keeps the Crystal Reports users out of the production systems. :)

HTH Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com