Re: full recovery

From: Joe Testa <oracle-l_at_oracle-dba.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:39:36 -0800

  1. Get a beer.
  2. Tell damagement to go away and you'll call them when its done.
  3. Get out Robert Freeman's book on RMAN, you do have that right and its all worn out from being dogeared and spilling beer on it, RIGHT?
  4. restore the controlfile manually from the backup, you may have to figure out the piece name based on your tape management logs/repository.
  5. once the controlfile is restored, mount, and restore the rest of the database. Restoring a controlfile without a repository is the hardest thing you'll ever have to do with RMAN, been there done that in a production environment when darn near everything was lost.

Joe

Author: Joe Testa
  INET: oracle-l_at_oracle-dba.com