RE: RE: dba interview questions

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:59:33 -0800

Sure do, here's my favorite:

        You have a database with 3000 registered users, you need to lock all accounts except for a list of 20. How would you do it?

Obviously there's several correct answers. But the one I'm looking for is the "anonymous PL/SQL block" defined like:

	declare
		stmt varchar2(200);
	begin
		for a in (select username from dba_users
                      where username not in ('SYS','SYSTEM',.......)) loop
            stmt := 'alter user '||a.username||' account lock';
		execute immediate stmt;
		end loop;
	end;
	/