RE: Oracle 9.2.0.4 on Gentoo

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:49:35 -0800

Isn't that what Oracle says for 9i2, too? (tu-tu?) My Gentoo box only has 384MB to run a small 60MB instance, the listener, NFS, SSH, and since it's also a desktop, Enlightenment, Tora, MozFirebird and Opera7, GKrellM, several ATerms, and I'm not using swap and still have something like 50MB free physical after five Perl/DBD::JDBC connections to the DB from another box. And the modest P-III 866 slides along nicely serving up Oracle with all of this running.

Oh wait, if I fire up VLC or Xine, the CPU hits 60%. And Kino pushes it to 100%. And I might actually hit some swap with Kino...stupid A/V processing wants RAM. Go figure.

WinWhat??? :D

Rich

rjesse_at_qtiworld.com                  Quad/Tech Inc, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com