RE: [Q] anyone have DBA and developer job description?

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 04:10:17 -0800

We have generic job descriptions where I work.

So generic that the job descriptions can't be tied to individual positions, statements of qualifications or to help determine who is essential during strikes.

We had discussions a few times on this list about "application DBAs" (an oxymoron in my opinion) vs. "DBAs".

Is this for a medium-sized firm? consulting firm? government?

In large shops there tends to be more specialization. In smaller environments people get to do many different things, which is exciting, but given some of the job ads I've seen in the past four years, people in small shops probably feel like they are putting out fires most of the time.

Patrice.

Author: mike mon
  INET: mccdba_at_yahoo.com

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Oct 24 2003 - 07:10:17 CDT