Re: Solved... Was: Boolean dates...

From: Arn Klammer <Arn.Klammer_at_austrac.gov.au>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 23:39:25 -0800

I hope the name of the column in the table - "BDATE" - doesn't stand for "BOOLEAN DATE" - otherwise you'll have to rename it too, to "JDATE"!

;-)

>>> joseluis_delgado_at_yahoo.com 24/10/2003 1:29:41 >>>
List...

I finally found the answer about the infamous 'boolean dates'! (this was the term that my boss used when he told me about the dates... boolean dates).

After receiving a lot of mails talking about Julian dates... I started to test in that way.

I could find the following which is the solution to my problem.

sql> select bdate, to_date(bdate + 1721436, 'J') tdate
sql> from paam
sql> where rownum < 6;

BDATE TDATE

------- --------
728464  01-JUL-95
728434  01-JUN-95
728403  01-MAY-95
728495  01-AUG-95
728283  01-JAN-95

As you can see the key is: 1721436

Thanks again to all!
Best regards!

JL

Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search http://shopping.yahoo.com
Author: Jose Luis Delgado
  INET: joseluis_delgado_at_yahoo.com

Please  note  that  your  email address  is known to  AUSTRAC  for the
purposes  of  communicating with you.  The information  transmitted in
this  e-mail is  for the  use of  the intended  recipient only and may
contain confidential and/or legally  privileged  material. If you have
received  this information  in error you must not disseminate, copy or
take  any  action on  it and we  request that you delete all copies of
this transmission together with attachements and notify the sender.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for
the presence of computer viruses.

Author: Arn Klammer
  INET: Arn.Klammer_at_austrac.gov.au