RE: Oracle pricing ain't going down

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:14:25 -0800

Niall
  When I reviewed the options, it seemed that if you were in the market for SQL Server, then Oracle SE was more the choice for you. While MS has copied the SE and EE terms (and I see IBM has also), I really didn't find MS EE comparable to Oracle EE. More like MS EE vs. Oracle SE. Then the pricing is actually in Oracle's favor, IIRC.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Niall Litchfield
  INET: niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM