Re: Oracle pricing ain't going down

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:39:28 -0800

i thought reads still block writes in sql server? doesnt this really hurt performance in high transaction databases?

whaty is the pricing of sql server? We negotiated oracle pricing down to $22k/CPU and 22% cost for support/year. how much do the rest of you pay? We got our development server for $8000 for a 2 CPU box. ----- Original Message -----
To: "Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L" <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 6:24 PM

Author: Ryan
  INET: rgaffuri_at_cox.net