RE: Performance problem with Shareplex and Oracle

From: David Kurtz <info_at_go-faster.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:24:32 -0800

One of my clients has been talking to me about similar issues.

What kind of system are you replicating? How much redo logging are you generating per day? Does shareplex start to fall behind during the processing peaks?

David Kurtz
Go-Faster Consultancy Ltd.
tel: +44 (0)7771 760660
fax: +44 (0)7092 348865
mailto:david.kurtz_at_go-faster.co.uk
web: www.go-faster.co.uk

Luc.Demanche_at_astrazeneca.com
Sent: 23 October 2003 19:40
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Dan,

The process taking 50% is an Oracle process and it is connected on Shareplex Oracle user.

I have two different error messages:
1- "System call error: sp_cop(dsm) Temporary error (h_errno = 2) gethostbyname (can't add entry for ora4) I got this error every 10 minutes, but I didn't find something about this error.

2- "Operation on 'table_name' is took longer then expected. Make sure the proper index si being used"
If I check my Explain Plan, the Explain Plan says that he taking the proper index.
How can he tell me that it took longer that expected? It's true that on some replicated tables, I have lot of indexs. But my v$session_event should not tell me the waits on indexs (db file scattered read)?

Luc

Author: David Kurtz
  INET: info_at_go-faster.co.uk