RE: how to specify tablespace in Designer

From: TOMPKINS, MARGARET <MARGARET.TOMPKINS_at_dfas.mil>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:29:36 -0800

Ben,

   I really prefer to do this in the RON or in the Server Model tab of Design Editor. However, in Design Editor, DBAdmin tab, expand the container that has your table, then expand the Oracle Database that contains the table, and expand the User. For us, that is the schema owner. Under that, expand Schema Objects, and then expand table implementations. Navigate to your table and expand the node for it. Expand User Object Index Storages. There you will see the constraints (PK & UK) and indexes that need tablespace definitions. Highlight the object and in the property sheet you will see Tablespace under the Storage section. When you click on the property value, it will turn into a drop-down list and you can select the appropriate tablespace. For the table itself, highlight the table and the Tablespace property will be visible on the property sheet. It works the same. Select the value to get the drop-down list. As you can see this tablespace assignment is buried way ! down deep in the Design Editor which is the big reason I like the RON.

   In the RON, navigate to the object like UK and expand it. Then expand Usages and expand User Object Index Storage. Highlight the storage and make the tablespace assignment. If there isn't any User Object Index Storage, then highlight it and click the green "+" icon on the tool bar to the left. This will bring up a dialogue box to create a reference (storage) for what you have defined. Just pick the correct one to get the object storage and then make the tablespace assignment for it.    For tables, expand the table, and then expand usages, and then expand table implementations. Select the implementation and make the assignment. If there isn't any table implementation, then highlight the "table implementations" node and click the "+" icon to create one. Once that reference gets created, then you can make the assignment. Good Luck! Maggie

Respectfully,

Author: Ben
  INET: poelsb_at_post.queensu.ca

Author: TOMPKINS, MARGARET