Solved... Was: Boolean dates...

From: Jose Luis Delgado <joseluis_delgado_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 07:29:41 -0800

List...

I finally found the answer about the infamous 'boolean dates'! (this was the term that my boss used when he told me about the dates... boolean dates).

After receiving a lot of mails talking about Julian dates... I started to test in that way.

I could find the following which is the solution to my problem.

sql> select bdate, to_date(bdate + 1721436, 'J') tdate
sql> from paam
sql> where rownum < 6;

BDATE TDATE

------- --------
728464  01-JUL-95
728434  01-JUN-95
728403  01-MAY-95
728495  01-AUG-95
728283  01-JAN-95

As you can see the key is: 1721436

Thanks again to all!
Best regards!

JL

Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search http://shopping.yahoo.com

Author: Jose Luis Delgado
  INET: joseluis_delgado_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 23 2003 - 10:29:41 CDT