question on comments -sanity check

From: Bob Metelsky <bmetelsky_at_cps92.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:44:25 -0800

All

        The powers that be have it in their minds that there is a place for comments on each "column" in a table. afaik.. comments are only associated with tables not columns

Eg
Select * from user_tab_comments;

People here seem to think they can "document" their columns by comments.

Maybe I'm just burnt out... or am I missing something? A sanity check please.

Also, is there a relatively easy way to maintain comments?

Thanks!
bob

Author: Bob Metelsky
  INET: bmetelsky_at_cps92.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 22 2003 - 15:44:25 CDT