Re: 10046 trace question

From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:19:27 -0800

10046 trace questionRaj:

THe simple option is to run the ALTER SESSION command to set some session level parameter like 1=1 and get the timings. Giving the EXECUTE on DBMS_SYSTEM is not a good idea.

KG

  Hi all,

  I am monitoring a production database and while we have performance issues looked at, I have 10046^8 running on all user session in this RAC db.

  The scenario is as follows ... user logs in through a windows terminal server, opens multiple sessions (oracle forms) to connect to database. Whenever they see a performance issue (AKA slowness) they hit a button on their windows session, that sends an email to us informing that user experienced slowness at say 10am.

  Now normally because users don't exit their session till COB, the trace files are still incomplete at the time when user reported slowness. While these trace files are useful to look at next day, there is no way (that I know of) to go into the trace file and answer questions like "what was this user doing around 10am" ... is there?

  Also is there an easy way to put a marker in the trace file (something like dbms_system.ksdddt) that can be invoked preferable triggered from a script ... and then we can go back to trace file and find out what the session was doing by looking at trace lines around the marker?

  I don't know if anyone has done this before, or I am really trying to offset the US debt by collecting pennies?

  Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.   Raj

  Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com   All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal.   QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !

  This e-mail message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify corporate MIS at (860) 766-2000 and delete this e-mail message from your computer, Thank you.

Author: K Gopalakrishnan
  INET: kaygopal_at_yahoo.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 22 2003 - 14:19:27 CDT