RE: Shutdown takes 20+ minutes

From: Tortorelli, Mary Jo <tortorelli_at_ppg.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:44:43 -0800

Jeremiah,

We do shutdown immediate as the standard weekly cycle/cold-backup of this production db. The cluster failover is part of the procedure and is a test - it's not a real failover. We don't want to routinely shutdown abort and increase corruption potential if it's not necessary.

We want a clean shutdown for the backup and I'm trying to figure out why it takes so long since it's messing up the fail-over test that follows.