Re: Boolean dates...

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:04:24 -0800

Hello Jose,

Do you by chance mean Julian (not Boolean) dates? Oracle does, in fact, handle those. For example, I just used the following to convert one of your example dates to dd-Mon-yy format:

SQL> select to_date('728464','J') from dual;

TO_DATE('

05-JUN-18 Does the above conversion look correct to you? One thing I'd check carefully would be your old system's definition of Julian date. Over the years, I've heard the term used in at least two different ways.

I hope this helps. If you need more details, just ask.

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick --- Brighten the corner where you are http://Gennick.com * 906.387.1698 * mailto:jonathan@gennick.com

Wednesday, October 22, 2003, 11:19:26 AM, you wrote: JLD> Hi to all!

JLD> We have an old app that manages something that my boss JLD> calls: boolean dates.

JLD> He told me that exists an algorithm that manages dates JLD> as a boolean format.

JLD> We have several tables in this form:

JLD> Note: The following table: PAAM
JLD> has the field BDATE defined as NUMBER.

sql>> select bdate from paam
sql>> where rownum < 6

Author: Jonathan Gennick
  INET: jonathan_at_gennick.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 22 2003 - 11:04:24 CDT