RE: Boolean dates...

From: Kevin Toepke <ktoepke_at_rlcarriers.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 07:44:32 -0800

Boolean Dates is simply boss-speak for Julian Dates. There are probably 20 different ways "Julian Dates" can be encoded into an integer.

various ways I've seen "Julian Dates" have been encoded

1)	Days since a specific date (this date varies by implementation)
2)	first 2 digits are the year, the rest are days since Jan 1 of that
year
3)	first 2 digits are the year -- encoded as years since a particular
year
		the rest are says since Jan 1 of that year
4)	a combination of year (1st 2 digits), Quarter (2nd digit), Month
within the Quarter (3rd digit) and day of month (last 2 digits)

Good look!

Kevin

Author: Jose Luis Delgado
  INET: joseluis_delgado_at_yahoo.com

Author: Kevin Toepke
  INET: ktoepke_at_rlcarriers.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 22 2003 - 10:44:32 CDT