RE: Transportable tablespaces

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 06:34:26 -0800

Humm, That's interesting. Transportable tablespaces were introduced in 8i, 9i allowed us to have multiple block sizes at the tablespace level for flexibility. But I've not heard that one can transport a tablespace/datafile across platforms. What a wonderful way to trash all of those Windoze servers out there for Linux!!

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA

Author: Goulet, Dick
  INET: DGoulet_at_vicr.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 22 2003 - 09:34:26 CDT