setproperties on new ORDDOC gives ORA-6512?

From: Arn Klammer <Arn.Klammer_at_austrac.gov.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:04:25 -0800

Hello,

I am attempting to convert the CLOBs in an existing table into ORDDOCs in a new table.

I _seemed_ to be almost there. I allocated a new ORDDOC using INIT(), and used writeToSource() on the doc pointer to transfer the text (which I first converted to RAW). The application that accepts this now lists the new document, and displays the text contents.

I now need to set the size (and MIME type, even though the app seems to understand that it's a text document). I called setproperties after writeToSource, and get a set of ORA-6510/ORA-6512 errors. (Included below)

I'd really appreciate any advice!

Thanx and regards,

Arn.

DEV1> l
1 DECLARE
2
3 srcRec arn5%ROWTYPE;
4 doc ORDSYS.ORDDOC;
5 ctx RAW(4000) :=NULL;
6 userArg RAW(4000);
7 len INTEGER;
8 comtxt VARCHAR2(32767);
9 comraw RAW(32767);
10 res integer;
11 doc2 ORDSYS.ORDDOC;
12
13 BEGIN
14
15 DELETE FROM assessment_document
16 WHERE DOC_NO = 0;
17
18 DELETE FROM media_document
19 WHERE DOC_NO = 0;
20
21 INSERT INTO assessment_document VALUES( 1, 0 ); 22
23 INSERT INTO media_document VALUES(
24 0, 'comment3.txt', 758197915, SYSDATE, 758197915, SYSDATE, 25 ORDSYS.ORDDOC.INIT()
26 ) RETURNING DOC_OBJ INTO doc;
27
28 SELECT *
29 INTO srcRec
30 FROM arn5
31 WHERE a=0;
32
33 len := LENGTH( srcRec.b );
34 --res:= doc.openSource(userArg, ctx); 35
36 comtxt := dbms_lob.substr(srcRec.b);
37 doc.writeToSource(ctx, 1, len, utl_raw.cast_to_raw(comtxt)); 38 doc.setProperties(ctx,true);
39
40 COMMIT;
41* END;
DEV1> /
DECLARE
*
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-06510: PL/SQL: unhandled user-defined exception
ORA-06512: at "ORDSYS.ORDDOC", line 337
ORA-06510: PL/SQL: unhandled user-defined exception
ORA-06512: at line 38

Please note that your email address is known to AUSTRAC for the purposes of communicating with you. The information transmitted in this e-mail is for the use of the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. If you have received this information in error you must not disseminate, copy or take any action on it and we request that you delete all copies of this transmission together with attachements and notify the sender.

Author: Arn Klammer
  INET: Arn.Klammer_at_austrac.gov.au

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Oct 21 2003 - 22:04:25 CDT