Re: Performance tuning book

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:54:26 -0800

here is a list of tuning books to read. I used to work with the guy who wrote it. He definitely knows what he is doing. There are quite a few people on this list who can attest to that.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/listmania/list-browse/-/VL8CI2YJANX1/re f=cm_lm_dp_l_2/102-3468524-1000163

> Cary,
>
> Thank you for your in-depth response. It was very helpful. To me, the
> hardest books to read and understand are those that tell you WHAT but not
> WHY. From the excellent reviews I've received (look at MLaden's review
just
> posted), it appears to give plenty of WHY. I appreciate that very much.
I'll
> be buying it tonight.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Michael Milligan
> Oracle DBA
> Ingenix, Inc.
> 2525 Lake Park Blvd.
> Salt Lake City, Utah 84120
> wrk 801-982-3081
> mbl 801-628-6058
> michael.milligan_at_ingenix.com

> proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to
> which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended
> recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified
that
> any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited.
If

Author: Ryan
  INET: rgaffuri_at_cox.net