RE: unique index

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:44:32 -0800

Dave,

        If memory is functioning normally: When you use direct=y in Sql*Loader it flags all of your indexes as invalid and then revalidates/rebuilds then when the load is complete. The reason is that loading data is faster when you don't have to parse index entries all the time and an invalid index does not need to be maintained. It would appear from your message that something caused the one index to not validate during the Sql*Loader run. Why might be revealed in the loader's log file.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA

Author: David Boyd
  INET: davidb158_at_hotmail.com

Author: Goulet, Dick
  INET: DGoulet_at_vicr.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Oct 21 2003 - 11:44:32 CDT