Re: Refresh option for Materialized view , want to use it during

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 07:59:24 -0800

You are very lenient. I would be inclined to return a predicate like 'WHERE 1=0' because the default should be "NO ACCESS". If the user doesn't satisfy any criteria for the normal predicate, then he or she should not be accessing the item protected by the FGAC.

On 10/21/2003 11:39:26 AM, Stephen.Lee_at_DTAG.Com wrote:
> One possibility would be to replicate each of the four source tables,
> then
> perform the join on the replicated tables. This will require you to
> create
> snapshot logs on the source tables. Obviously, this will slow the
> performance of the whatever report is running against the replicated
> data
> since the join must be done for each query instead of when the data
> was
> originally replicated. But the data will remain continuously
> available.

Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA

Note:
This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Wang Trading LLC and any of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.

Author: Mladen Gogala
  INET: mladen_at_wangtrading.com