RE: Data Modeling

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 07:14:26 -0800

B. S.

    I am no expert at data modeling but have made some modest attempts in that direction. First, what is your objective? Casual or intense?

    I have heard that data modeling is not learned from a book, but you need to take a class. The classes I took were so long ago and I didn't do anything with it so I can't vouch for that.

    If you are need to review the data models of others, get the book "The Data Modeling Handbook" by Reingruber and Gregory. There is nothing like it. The authors give will sound really profound and if you get someone that wants to argue, you can point them to the book.

    There is a data modeling email list where you could get better answers for this and other questions: DataModel.Org Mailing List Here are the removal instructions, I'm sure you can figure out how to add yourself.

         To be removed from this list, please send an E-mail to
         mailto:dmgroup_at_datamodel.org in the Subject line, put "REMOVE {your
         email address}".

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com
Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Oct 21 2003 - 10:14:26 CDT