RE: _DB_FILE_DIRECT_IO_COUNT

From: Robertson Lee - lerobe <lerobe_at_acxiom.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 06:39:24 -0800

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 21 October 2003 15:24
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Lee,

If you would like to see the default value for _DB_FILE_DIRECT_IO_COUNT, run the following query with SYSDBA privileges:

col Parameter for a50
col "Session Value" for a20
col "Instance Value" for a20

select a.ksppinm "Parameter",
       b.ksppstvl "Session Value",
       c.ksppstvl "Instance Value"
  from x$ksppi a,
       x$ksppcv b,
       x$ksppsv c
 where a.indx = b.indx

 and a.indx = c.indx
 and a.ksppinm like '_db_file%'
 order by ksppinm
/
Parameter                                          Session Value
Instance Value
-------------------------------------------------- --------------------
--------------------
_db_file_direct_io_count                           1048576
1048576
_db_file_noncontig_mblock_read_count               11                   11

SQL> Muqthar Ahmed
DBA -----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 8:16 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hi,

9.2.0.3 AIX 5L Anyone used this in 9i ??

Can you set this as you would a normal parameter (ie. as I did in 8i with undocumented parameters).

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am still getting my head around this 9i stuff.

Plus don't worry, this is not Production I am playing but a test instance. I thought I would ask first as I would rather not recreate this.

Cheers

Lee

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system. Thank You.

Author: Robertson Lee - lerobe
  INET: lerobe_at_acxiom.co.uk

Author: Muqthar Ahmed
  INET: Muqthar.Ahmed_at_decoratetoday.com

Author: Robertson Lee - lerobe
  INET: lerobe_at_acxiom.co.uk

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Oct 21 2003 - 09:39:24 CDT