RE: 8.1.7 to 8.1.7.4 database migration - step 10 hangs

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:39:40 -0800

Peter,

First, are you sure it is hanging? It does take quite awhile to finish. Secondly, did you up the Jave_Shared_Pool param to a decent value (I think the migration doc says 4Meg, but increase it to 8 and try it again).

and finally, if you are not using Java in the database, it really is not needed. But it would be nice to follow the instructions and have everything work.

good luck!

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Schauss, Peter
  INET: peter.schauss_at_ngc.com

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 16 2003 - 15:39:40 CDT