Re: Question about sql

From: Quintin, Richard <rquintin_at_vt.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 06:49:29 -0800

insert into table3(company_id,lev_id,vare_id)

    select company_id,lev_id,vare_id from table2 where vare_id = 56     AND exists (select 1 from table1 where table1.company_id = table2.company_id)

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 10:20, roland.skoldblom_at_ica.se wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> Anyone whom could gíve me some good help on this.
>
> I have a table with one field, called Company_id
> Like this
>
> Company_id
>
> 16
> 45
> 50
>

> In table 2 I have this field and values:
>
> Company_id Lev_id Vare_id
>
> 16 45 56
> 34 10 20
> 67 10 20
> 45 15 30
> 50 12 12
>
> I would like to from table 2 do a select and find the Company_ids from table1 and find out the responding lev_id and vare_id in table2and then insert them into a new table(table3) so it would look like this:
>
> Company_id Lev_id Vare_id
> 16 45 56
>

> Anyone whom could give me some help on this how to write the sql- query.
>
> I have tried with this sql query. What is wrong?
>
> insert into table3(company_id,lev_id,vare_id)
> select company_id,lev_id,vare_id from table2 where vare_id = 56
> (where exists select company_id from table1)
>

> Thanks in advance
>

> Roland

Richard Quintin, DBA
Information Systems & Computing, DBMS
Virginia Tech

--
"Living in the moment brings you a sense of reverence for all of life's
blessings." -- Oprah Winfrey
Author: Quintin, Richard
  INET: rquintin_at_vt.edu