RE: ERROR ON EXTERNAL LIBRARY

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 14:24:24 -0800

Help,

Recently we cannot successfully run procedure we get the following error:

SQL> begin begin_letter_debug(9);end;
  2 /
begin ext_letter_debug(9);end;
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-06520: PL/SQL: Error loading external library ORA-06522: ld.so.1: extprocPLSExtProc: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: N such file or directory
ORA-06512: at "LE.EXT_LETTER_DEBUG", line 0

The problem is ... we can ldd the compiled object and we see "No Such File" but when we do a which as oracle user we find the file.

It appears to be a pathing or LD_PATHING problem but how can we isolate the issue?

Anyway, deal with this before?

Solaris 2.8
Oracle 9.2

Author: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us
  INET: Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 15 2003 - 17:24:24 CDT