RE: Oracle on Sun vs Tru64

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:44:27 -0800

Babu - I created a 32K block size database on Solaris. What is the issue?

Jake - We are doing the same. Nothing big to report. In our case we saw this coming so we hadn't put any resources in the T64 in several years. The new Solaris system has newer technology, so it really screams. I had asked list members for suggestions on rapid data movement to reduce downtime. It turns out the new box can actually import much faster than the old box can export.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 15 2003 - 16:44:27 CDT