how to imp statistics from 8i to 9i db

From: Guang Mei <gmei_at_incyte.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:44:24 -0800

Hi:

We have a program that import a big schema data and then run DBMS_STATS.GATHER_TABLE_STATS for all the imported tables. Now with oracle 9.2.0.1.0 installed, I thought we could get rid off "DBMS_STATS.GATHER_TABLE_STATS" step since it can import satatistics.

However our original db is still 8173. I tried the following and it does not seem to work.

  1. verified that the column "last_analyzed" data is 9/15/2003 for all the user_tables in a 8173 db schema.
  2. ran exp on the 8173 db, export the schema, using parameter "STATISTICS = COMPUTE" in parameter file
  3. ran imp on the dump file (generated from the above), import data into a 9.2.0.1.0 db, using parameter "STATISTICS=safe" in parameter file
  4. looked at column "last_analyzed" again for all the imported tables in 9.2.0.1.0 db, I found that they are the current date (basically the timestamp of table import).

If I use STATISTICS=ALWAYS in Step 3, I got the same result. So my question is: what should I do so that I can import 8i statistics into an 9i db?

Thanks.

Guang

Author: Guang Mei
  INET: gmei_at_incyte.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 15 2003 - 15:44:24 CDT