Re: Database just stops

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:09:27 -0800

Messagei ran into this problem with DOM objects.we were loading them in memory and taking up so much memory the only way to even access the database was through connect internal. couldnt connect any other way. had to shutdown abort. I cant find any notes on it though.

  define 'just stops'. A specific user cant do anything. CAn any users log in?

  are you in archive log mode? If so this is possibly a sign that your archiver cant keep up with the amount of redo to archive.

    I have an Oracle 8.1.7.0 database running on an MS2000 server. A few times a day the database just stops running for no reason.     There are no messages in the alert or trace logs. Nothing in the Event logs. It just stops.

    When I restart the database it goes through crash recovery but comes up fine.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks!
    Ron Smith

Author: Ryan
  INET: rgaffuri_at_cox.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Oct 14 2003 - 16:09:27 CDT