Hiding the names of Web Toolkit procedures in Browser Address boxes

From: Melanie Caffrey <mcaffrey_at_proximo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:04:29 -0800

Hello Listers,

I'm trying to work out a solution for a client that I've not been able to find any substantial documentation for.

Anybody familiar with the 9iAS and the PL/SQL Web Toolkit out there?

I thought I was, but a client of mine has come up with a very interesting (and, I believe, very reasonable) request.

They'd like to ensure that, say, when a user clicks on a hyperlink, for instance, the name of the subsequently called procedure is not displayed in the address line of the browser; in other words, no visibility of the name of the called procedure to the user using the Web app.

There is a lot of documentation on aliasing directory paths in Apache, but not procedure names, per se. Particularly since, naturally, the Apache server is open source. The solution I use must be Oracle-specific (I ... er ... believe).

I could throw up a JS window that temporarily covers the address window, but that is not really an ideal solution. Has anyone ever tried this before?

TIA,
Melanie

Author: Melanie Caffrey
  INET: mcaffrey_at_proximo.com