Re: Redos gone crazy--a job for audit?

From: Daniel Fink <Daniel.Fink_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:09:25 -0800

Barb,

Even if you can't find the user, you can still find the session info and run a trace on the session. If it is consistent, you should be able to trace for a short amount of time and retrieve the statements that are generating redo. Then you can go back to the vendor and say "This statement (update emp set empno = empno) is generating 3g of redo per day and it is not performing any work. Please consider this a P1 bug and we need a fix in 10 days." It is especially valuable if you can trace the 'old-good' app and compare it with the 'new-bad' app.

Dan

Author: Daniel Fink
  INET: Daniel.Fink_at_Sun.COM