use of TEMP tables to re-query HTML form fields

From: rahul <rahul_at_infotech.co.id>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 03:49:24 -0800

list,

this might not be the appropriate forum for this question, but it's friday night and i have to come up with some solution...

we have developed an application using java script to display a form, which the users will fill in , this form is submitted using JDBC THIS to oracle database (using 9iAS). we have back and forward buttons on this form, the form appears in 3 pages !!

the problem:
after the user fills in the first page, he/she will click "next" and the 2nd page would load, there a button "back" on the second page to go back to the 1st page, NOW if the user has filled in values in the second page and he navigates to the 1st page, and again goes forward by clicking "next" button the form, the 2nd page apprears blank !! all the earlier filled in values are lost !! , ok , this is the expected default behaviour , how can we make the values "re-apprear" on the second page ??

the solution:
use of TEMP tables, we use temp table to hold the values, each tikme the user clicks "next page" we save the values to the temp table, and re-query to fill in the fields if the user comes back to the same page ..

is my approach correct ??? is there another easier way to do this??

TIA
-rahul

Author: rahul
  INET: rahul_at_infotech.co.id

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Oct 10 2003 - 06:49:24 CDT