Re: Avoiding full table scan

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 17:09:25 -0800

Same author (Jeff Maresh) has also published a new paper on physical structure of data warehouses to accommodate the life cycle of data. It is fantastic.

I¹ve published both papers (³Managing the Data Lifecycle² and ³In Defense of FULL table scans²) on my website at ³http://www.evdbt.com/papers.htm². The ³FULL table scan² paper is excellent, but I think the ³Data Lifecycle² paper is ground-breaking, covering topics that have not yet been treated appropriately. I highly recommend them both...

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: tim_at_sagelogix.com