OT - Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-040 (828750)

From: <Rajesh.Rao_at_jpmchase.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 14:19:30 -0800

Microsoft issued this critical update on the 3rd, which I found out about, when I did a Windows Update from my IE.

 A number of security issues have been identified in Microsoft® Internet
 Explorer that could allow an attacker to compromise a Microsoft
 Windows®-based system and then take a variety of actions. For example, an  attacker could run programs on your computer when you are viewing a Web  page. This vulnerability affects all computers that have Internet Explorer
 installed. (You do not have to be using Internet Explorer as your Web
 browser to be affected by this issue.) You should help protect your
 computer by installing this update from Microsoft.

And now, after applying this patch, I am no longer able to run Windows Update. Doesn't windows update run programs on my computer when I am viewing the web page? I wonder if they locked themselves out ;-) , or is the site down? I wish to know if I am the only one experiencing this.

Regards
Raj

  INET: Rajesh.Rao_at_jpmchase.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 08 2003 - 17:19:30 CDT