intermedia text and dbms_job problem

From: Bill Tantzen <tantz001_at_tc.umn.edu>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 11:59:26 -0800

OK, I know I must be doing something wrong, would somebody please point out what it is? I would like to set up a job to sync an intermedia text index. Here is my job:

  SQL> select what from all_jobs where job = 2;   WHAT

  ctx_ddl.sync_index ( 'ctx_xml_text' );

I can execute the procedute from the command line like so:

  SQL> execute ctx_ddl.sync_index ( 'ctx_xml_text' );   PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

But the job itself fails:

  SQL> execute dbms_job.run ( 2 );
  BEGIN dbms_job.run ( 2 ); END;

  *
  ERROR at line 1:

  ORA-12011: execution of 1 jobs failed
  ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_IJOB", line 405
  ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_JOB", line 267
  ORA-06512: at line 1

in my init.ora I have:
  job_queue_processes = 4
  job_queue_interval = 60

I am in the ctxapp role, and ctxsys has granted me execute on ctx_ddl. The only other job works just fine.

OS=Solaris, Version=8.1.7

What the heck is going on?

Thanks in advance,
Bill

Bill Tantzen
University of Minnesota Libraries
tantz001_at_tc.umn.edu
612-626-9949 (office) 612-250-6125 (cell)

I guess the man's a genius, but what
a dirty mind he has, hasn't he? -- Nora Joyce

Author: Bill Tantzen
  INET: tantz001_at_tc.umn.edu

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 08 2003 - 14:59:26 CDT