RE: Cary's Book - new topic

From: Orr, Steve <sorr_at_rightnow.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 10:39:26 -0800

So to define response time you must first define "response?" For acceptance criteria I guess the user has to be specific about what a response is, e.g., when a web app returns a database large result set to a web page, if you have to wait until they entire result set is transmitted to the client the response time would "appear" to be slower than if you just displayed the rows as they were transmitted.

Also, if we are to really address the business case as you suggest then the definition should also include the quality of the response. If the response is quick but incomplete and the user has to ask 10 questions to get at the one real answer he's after then what good is a fast response time?

Author: Wolfgang Breitling
  INET: breitliw_at_centrexcc.com

Author: Orr, Steve
  INET: sorr_at_rightnow.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Oct 07 2003 - 13:39:26 CDT