RE: Please help me tune this "io done" wait event

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 08:59:28 -0800

Hans,

AFAIK, kproc is the slave process for AIO. How many do you see on your system? Maybe you have too many of them and are choking on CPU scheduling... Is your CPU stats Ok at this time? You need to have only as many AIO proces as there are *simultaneous* requests.... 300 maybe overkill.

Long time since I even touched AIX (4.2 last) so I may be way off-course here...
John Kanagaraj
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Grace - Getting something we do NOT deserve Mercy - NOT getting something we DO deserve Click on 'http://www.needhim.org' for Grace and Mercy that is freely available!