Re: More info about _db_writer_max_writes

From: Hans de Git <hansdegit_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 00:24:28 -0800

Thaks,
log buffer is 2M. I don't see a connection between the the log buffer and this hidden parameter.

BTW: this database issues 1500 ios per second.

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 08:19:27 -0800

Hans:

This parameter limits the max # of buffers can be pending for an AIO operation. Usually you never need to tune (!) this parameter as the default holds good for most platforms.

BTW what is the size of the log buffer? You will never have more than 4k pending buffers unless you have a really huge (!) log buffer.

KG

Author: K Gopalakrishnan
   INET: kaygopal_at_yahoo.com

MSN Zoeken, voor duidelijke zoekresultaten! http://search.msn.nl