RE: STUPID LD_LIBRARY_PATHING!!@@@!@!@!@!

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 10:34:32 -0800

Hehe

Found a posting from Michael Ault on same subject. Michael - are you there?

Thread Status: Active

RDBMS Version: 9.2.0.1
Operating System and Version: Solaris 2.8 64 bit Error Number (if applicable):
Product (i.e. SQL*Loader, Import, etc.): OCI Product Version: 9.2.0.1

Library Paths 32 bit on 64 bit 9.2.0.1 Solaris 2.8

I have been through about 16 different postings on this topic concerning linking/using 32 bit applications on 64 bit Oracle. The situation here is that the applicaiton ran fine against 8.1.7.4 64 bit with /lib as 32 bit and /lib64 as 64 bit now Oracle gets a bee and makes the libraries /lib a 64 bit and /lib32 as 32 bit and every thing breaks. Come on Oracle get a clue, don't mess with such basic things as library directory names! Geesh!

Now every other post seems to contridict each other:

Set LD_LIBRARY_PATH with $ORACLE_HOME/lib and not with lib32 Set SHLIB_PATH with $ORACLE_HOME/lib32 and not lib

Set LD_LIBRARY_PATH with both
Unset LIBPATH

Set LD_LIBRARY_PATH with /lib32 first, then /lib

No...do it the other way

and last but not least:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib32:$ORACLE_HOME/ctx/lib LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$ORACLE_HOME/ctx/lib

(Where in the heck did LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64 come from? And why is it not mentioned in any other post about this?)

Anyway, which is correct for running a prelinked 32 bit application using OCI against a 9.2.0.1 Oracle 64 bit database on Solaris 2.8?

And, where can I get a proper coly of the ldflags file for the lib32 directory?

Mike

Micheal,

bet you a pint you'll see this as a bug fix in 9.2.0.3

Andrew Parkyns
Senior DBA
Thomson Derwent
andrew.parkyns_at_derwent.co.uk

P.S. do you ascribe to the "Oracle version skipping theory" e.g. bug in 8.1.6.1 fixed in 8.1.6.3 recurs in 8.1.7.0, fix backported from 9.0.1, bug recurs in 9.2.0.1 .... fixed in 9.2.0.3 ? You could give it a try.

Yep...sure do. Just a pint?

Mike

Hi,

Kindly post your queries to OCI forum.

Thanks
Niranjan

 Copyright (c) 1995,2000 Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Legal Notices and Terms of Use.

Author: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us
  INET: Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us